Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Corn Muffins


Piping hot and fresh out of the oven. I'm a huge fan of Ina Garten and I saw this recipe one of Barefoot Contessa's episodes on Food Network. It is ridiculously simple to make and if I can do it, so can you. This is a pretty sweet corn muffin which I love, but for those who like it not so sweet just put less sugar.

Start with preheating your oven to 350 degrees. You can use a stand up mixer or just a regular hand mixer for this recipe. Combine 3 cups of AP flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 2 tbsps baking powder, 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt and mix until combined. In a separate bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of milk (I use 2 percent), 2 eggs, 2 sticks of melted butter. With your mixer on low start adding the wet ingredients into the dry, mix until just blended. I use (2) 12 large muffin pan for this recipe. Line the muffin cups with medium size paper liners, I am partial to the medium size paper cups, rather than the large ones for this recipe since my preference is smaller servings. Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling each one 3/4 to the top (I don't like them looking like mushrooms) or you can fill them up to the top whichever is your preference. This recipe makes about 12 large or 18 medium corn muffins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or use the magic test - stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean then you Delicious Corn Muffins are done!


Goes well with butter, jam, chili or enjoy it by itself.

No comments: