Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Clarisonic Plus


Late night TV has the immense power of persuasion, and this I experienced first hand last year. Late one night when I was flipping through channels I happened to stop at the QVC channel, suddenly I found myself being mesmerized about this product, and by the end of the segment I was hooked. I was literally salivating about the idea of trying one out to see if the hype is true, until I saw the price tag – a whopping $225. Don’t get me wrong I have known about Clarisonic since it first came out, but I am one of those women who don’t pay too much attention to new products unless I read a lot of reviews from women who have tried it. Reviews are a great way to see if you can be leaning toward trying the product, or it can affirm the fact (that you were already thinking) that the product will not work for you. With that said, I was now faced with the dilemma whether to buy or not. Luckily Christmas was on the horizon, needless to say I was dropping hints to family members what I wanted for Christmas (one way for it to be a guilt free purchase, I’m bad I know). I was more than ecstatic to find it under the Christmas tree and after opening the box the love story began…


I have always appreciated the fact that I was blessed with Asian skin, but as you get older one learns that regular cleaning doesn’t do right by you anymore. Especially when you put on make up. Considering I have never been a full on make up girl, I still wanted the spa clean feel (who doesn’t?) and this did the trick for me. It is one of the best investments ever  Allow me to list down what the product is about, what it offers and the benefits I have been reaping from it:

1. It is a Cleansing System that has a rechargeable electric handle unit and removable brush heads (I have both face and body brush).
2. It uses a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second (it’s like cleaning overdrive).
3. Besides cleansing the face it has helped me eliminate dry patches, reduce blemishes, reduced the size of pores (seriously did!), and (are you ready for this…) when I would get my monthly friend I would get a zit or two (or three but who’s counting, lol). It used to take one week for the zit to disappear but with this…three freaking days (that’s really awesome for me).
4. It is by far the gentlest cleansing product I have used to remove make up residue.
5. Recommended by dermatologist, aestheticians, even cosmetic surgeons and the secret is OUT – A lot of spas use this product.
6. If you are like me, LAZY (not particularly fond of facial rituals) then this product offers the best deal since you use it for only 60 seconds! (or more, your preference) Yes I am being serious. It has a series of beeps that tells you its time to move to your cheeks or chin etc…Its pre-programmed baby.
7. It is portable and quite handy, I love using it while I am in the shower since it saves me time and I also bring it with me when I go on weekend getaways.
8. You can use any facial liquid soap that suites your skin type, it does not limit you to exclusively use their facial cleanser/treatment. I just use my Purity Made Simple one step facial cleanser by Philosophy and it works just as great.


This product has taught me how to take better care of my skin, and that alone is one good attestation that this product does work. I am glad that I tried this product, now if only I can figure out how to make my boyfriend use it too then that would be the ultimate prize...

No comments: