Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maxine...2nd chin


After having read about how chins live longer, healthier lives when they have a playmate I decided to get Ella a friend. Mind you she will not be happy sharing her place, but knowing Ella her bark is worse than her bite. My first attempt was bringing home one of Ella’s siblings for a couple of days to see if they would be good together unfortunately she ended up hurting Ella so I had to give her back. The breeder I dealt with was gracious enough to accept her back after I informed her about the incident that had occurred and that it would be best for both chins in the long run. Now back to the drawing board of finding a friend for Ella…

I started surfing the net in search of a chin with a relaxed temperament; god knows one bouncy chin is enough. After a month of looking around I finally found this sweet looking little chin, who I named Maxine…


The day we picked her up was an exciting day for everybody; I was particularly anxious since I was trying to imagine how the two chins would get along. It was quite a task picking her up since her location was downtown Manhattan and we had to take the subway (no way you’re getting a parking spot downtown on a Friday night). So, armed with a small pet carrier, we were off. The first time I saw Max I thought, “This is the tamest chin I have ever seen.” The lady handed her to me and she was just so relaxed (not squirming around at all) and she has a trademark – she Winks at you! How awesome is that?! The fact that she loves being handled was such a bonus. The ride home must have felt like eons for Max since the train was packed and she was getting tossed around no matter how I tried to hold the cage steady. After Maxine’s little New York journey, she finally arrived at her new home. Of course that was where her real adventure began.


As you can see she is more than happy to be home. Would you like to know how it went? That would be for next time :)

No comments: