Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Magazine Overload


Magazines! Magazines! I am up to my eyeballs with magazines. Recently I received a letter from Delta Air that my sky miles are about to expire, and they offered a solution for their use. They have this program where you can use your sky miles to pay for magazine subscriptions, sounds like a good compromise doesn’t it. At first I was elated about the idea since I do have subscriptions to several magazines and I though that I could use my sky miles to extend my subscriptions and subscribe to others that interest me, but alas, it is now becoming a nightmare.

This is but a sample of what I receive each month, not to mention some weekly ones that I never get to read because they come so fast I can never catch up. It just keeps piling up and I am pretty sure my mailman is infuriated with me since the mailbox is always busting at the seams. My point is, if you ever receive an offer like this - Make smarter choices and do not fall into a trap the way I did. I am to blame since in my mind I did not want to waste my sky miles, but in the end I am the one with the headache.

FYI…I didn’t realize I subscribed to about 20 or more magazines. Sad but true, my friends.

No comments: