Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Snow Day


I was playing with my blackberry phone when I happened to stumble upon a photo that my brother had sent to me when they had a bad storm in Delaware back in February. He took a picture of his car which I thought looked pretty cool (don’t ask me why, I just think it looks cute like a snail with its antennae sticking out). My family has been living in Delaware for over 10 years now, and this is by far the worst snow storm they have ever encountered. A state of emergency was declared which made sense, since my mom could not even get out of her driveway to go to work.

I grew up in the Philippines that have a tropical monsoon weather which leaves no possibility of snow whatsoever, but that did not stop me from wishing for snow rather than rain sometimes. I did not know then the consequences it would bring to the country (I was a kid for crying out loud). I could only imagine the devastation it would cause. Fortunately, my family decided to migrate to the US east coast, where snow is in abundance every winter leaving me almost guilt free when I would wish for snow in December just in time for Christmas (doesn’t happen a lot but hey one can wish).

I’ve had enough shoveling and digging the car out from thick, heavy snow that I am hoping that no more snow comes our way this March because I am so ready for spring and flowers…

No comments: