Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Apples!


“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” a phrase my Dad use to tell me when I was a kid and come to think of it I never really understood why a simple apple can do that, until I finally did my research. So if your game let me share with you its nutritional benefits so you can consider incorporating an apple (a day) in your diet.

1. It contains no fat, no cholesterol and no sodium.
2. It has Potassium. Good for the heart and blood pressure.
3. One (1) medium apple is equal to 20% daily dietary fiber.
4. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Iron. Helps the immune system.
5. It is the richest source of Pectin. A soluble natural fiber that helps the digestive process. It acts as an antioxidant that acts against bad cholesterol.
6. It has Flavonoids. A defensive phytochemical produced by plants that have disease preventive properties.
7. It has Quercetin. This serves as a building block for many flavonoids. It can help control asthma, help prevent heart attack/diseases and reduce risk of certain cancers.


And the list goes on. Who would have thought that an Apple can be this powerful? Aside from the fact that it tastes great you are reaping added benefits from it. Just remember the next time you take a bite you are doing your body a favor :)


I love Gala apples.

No comments: