Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pregnancy

A couple of weeks ago my brother and his wife informed the family that they are expecting and the family was more than elated to hear this. At first I had mixed emotions about it since their newly weds and I wanted for them to be established in their careers before starting a family, and also because I wanted them to be emotionally and financially prepared for it.

After a night of contemplation I felt disgusted with myself because this is a time of jubilation and celebration of life. I mean who am I to say when a couple can start a family, I am just a sister along for the ride, A ride that would take me and my family to unexpected heights, a ride that will redefine my parents converting them to grandparents.

Pregnancy is life changing, a realization that you are no longer just responsible for yourself, it’s natures way of telling you to grow up a little faster but most of all, it is the discovery that you are a part of something greater than yourself or anything else.

To my sister in-law:
For the next nine months you will be in the fastest, slowest, craziest emotional roller coaster ride ever in your life – Enjoy every minute of it because you were given this gift for a reason, you are more than capable of handling this great event in your life and know that we, your family are behind you every step of the way (except when you throw up – eewww)

To my brother:
We told you so! We knew it would be you that would give mom and dad the first grandchild. Consider that a blessing and a privilege. No matter what you think of us (your family) we have never stopped supporting you and we are indeed proud of you.

We love you guys!
Now the first trimester – YIKES!

1 comment:

J said...

LOL! We love you!