Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recipe Book Collection (part I)


Just last week I had posted about building my make up collection so I thought why not share my recipe book collection as well. Mind you I do not follow recipes down to a tea I always adjust some ingredients to fit my palate. I like recipe books because they serve as guidelines for me to follow. Basically it teaches me the fundamentals of a specific dish but it’s still up to me to be creative, play with the ingredients, come up with a different version, or even better create a new dish in the process.


As you can see I am a fan of Ina Garten :) simply because of her simple yet elegant style and calm demeanor. Not in a million years have I thought I would learn how to cook, seriously enjoy it, absolutely love it, and definitely need it to calm me down (ironic isn’t it). Back in the Philippines majority of middle class people have an all around household help (maid) and they did the cooking for the family which made me (kiddie years) wonder why my grandmother insisted she would do the cooking herself even if she had help. Now that I’m older I completely understand why. The joy of cooking is immeasurable (no pun intended). I see now that its something that brings out the creativeness I never thought I had, it makes me more focused, its something I can control the outcome (doesn’t hurt). More importantly, people get to enjoy it and that is a feeling I cannot express in words. It has become a passion of mine (got it from grandma and mom). Its true…Food brings love and family together so get up and get a head start on it. Happy cooking everyone!

FYI, Filipinos with household help know that they are very lucky to have them and they treat them as part of the family (just making that clear).

No comments: