Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mac Cosmetics Haul

My First Make Up Acquisition.

Growing up I’ve never been a huge fan of putting make up on. I think it’s because I viewed it as a ritual that requires too much effort and just the thought of the everyday up keep made me lose interest. I guess I never understood what it really represents – Beauty, Confidence, and Freedom of Expression (I didn’t know what I was missing). Lately I’ve been looking for a new hobby or just something to keep me occupied so I was searching the net for floral arrangements and I just happen to stumble upon some videos online teaching you how to make the smoky eye (guys, it’s a make up term) and there it began. I started checking out one video after another and finally I saw this one site where this Asian gal makes it look so darn easy. It’s so (screamingly) fascinating to watch and challenging to do that I said to myself that it wouldn’t hurt to add it to my everyday regimen. I am now building my make up collection and I am blown away how much it can add up $$$ but acquiring the essentials (and some non-essentials wouldn’t hurt), a definite must. No need to worry I’m not completely make up barren :) I love lip gloss and mascara so I’m covered on those. So follow me in the building of my “Make Up Collection".

I did my home work and checked all the brands to see what’s good and so far these are the ones I like – Mac, Nars, Urban Decay, Smash Box, LancĂ´me, Bobbi Brown, and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils.


As you can see I bought Mac brushes (182, 187, 217, 219, 224 & 190), brush cleaner, eye shadows (cork & woodwinked), studio fix fluid in nc30 and their paint pot in painterly. I am so excited to play with these :) let the adventure begin.

No comments: